Tuesday 9 November 2010

Christmas Cards at Heart Gallery

Last year, and the year before, and the year before, and even the year before that I noticed that people weren't really inclined to part with much money when it came to Christmas cards. In my opinion this is a real shame as I always try to seek out something different for my close friends and family. The cheap boxed sets which are mass produced don't really offer anything unique or different ... just convenience! Stick it in the trolley with your weekly shop and they're ready to write and post!

There are so many lovely cards out there by smaller companies or individual artists trying to carve a niche in the stationery industry and here are just a few that Heart Gallery is stocking this year, I hope you like them:

My favourite I think is still Nigel Hillier's award winning Hebden At Dusk, and he's had it printed as a good size card in case you want to frame it.


I also love the Rob Ryan cut-out card and I know a lot of you out there do too as there aren't many left now, so be quick if this is your card of choice this year!


  
Julia Brook's reindeer cards all have quirky captions on them.


  
I  love the Christmas pud



and also this one! I think my thoughts would be 'far from festive' too!



Rachael Taylor's textiles were introduced to Heart Gallery quite recently and her pinny's, oven gloves and tea towels are selling really well. Here are 2 of her card designs you can choose from:


Hazel Spatschek's fabulous red robin cards are really cute too, the red breast is stitched on embossed foil so it's really shiny:


Heart Gallery sells Clare Caulfield's original pen and ink city work as well as limited edition prints and canvases and this year there are 3 of her Christmas cards to choose from. Snow falling on West 34th is one of my favourites and always makes me want to be there!


This is her Winter Wonderland


 and I know there are a few dachshund lovers out there who would just love this card of Clare's!


 So, just a little blog about Christmas cards folks to get you in the mood, hope you enjoyed it and see you soon ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment